Gainesville real estate market report – 2Q2012
How’s the Gainesville real estate market?
- Amount of homes sold up 6.1% over June 2011 (173, vs 163 in June 2011)
- Homes are selling 7.4% quicker than they did in June 2011 (167 days on market, vs. 180 days on market in June 2011)
- Median sales price is down 7.6% from this time last year ($171,000, vs. $185,000 in June 2011)
Short sales and foreclosures continue to impact the Gainesville real estate market.
- 20.5% of homes sold in June 2012 were short sales and foreclosures.
- 37.6% of homes under contract as of July 9 are short sales and foreclosures.
- The townhome/condo market is more negatively impacted by short sales and foreclosures than the single family home market.
Watch the 4 minute video below for more detailed information about the state of Gainesville real estate.