The Gainesville real estate market continues to improve.
An analysis of Gainesville homes sold during the 1st quarter of 2014 reveals the following:
Gainesville single-family homes sold between January-March 2014:
- Amount of Gainesville homes sold increased 3.2% over 1Q2013
- Gainesville home sales prices increased 3.3% over 1Q2013
- Average days on market for a Gainesville home decreased 4.1% from 1Q2013
Gainesville condos and townhomes sold between January-March 2014:
- Sales of Gainesville townhomes and condos decreased 2.4% from 1Q2013
- Gainesville condo and townhome prices increased 16.4% over 1Q2013
- Average days on market to sell a Gainesville condo or townhome decreased 2.5% from 1Q2013
Short sales and foreclosures continue to play a significant role in the Gainesville real estate market. Short sales and foreclosures comprised 30% of all homes sold in 1Q2014 — down from 1Q2013, but still a major factor in the Gainesville real estate market.